Why are many households looking for a new home right now? We have listed the five most important reasons for you.
- Homeworkers are looking for rental properties that offer an extra room that can be used as a home office or study and allows them to work from home undisturbed.
- Remote working offers the possibility to live more distant from the office and outside larger cities. Many home workers (including many expats already living here) are therefore looking for a house that has a garden, or an apartment with a balcony just outside Amsterdam and closer to beaches and dunes.
- Property purchase prices are at record highs, while mortgage requirements have become stricter than ever before. This makes it more difficult for many households to buy a home right now. Renting offers a good alternative.
- An increasing number of households have sold their properties with a plan to buy a new home in the coming 6-12 months. In the meantime, they are looking for a temporary rental home.
- Statistics show that, as a result of being more homebound during the pandemic, more relationships are being ended. As a consequence, one or both partners will need a new (temporary) rental home.
By the way, did you know that Dutch law offers homeowners the option of renting out a home temporarily, for a period of up to 24 months? During this period, no rent protection laws for tenants apply.
As a specialised rental agent for Haarlem and its surrounding communities, we can answer all your questions clearly and rent out your home safely and professionally. For an obligation-free consultation, please contact Alison, Renée or Vivian via the form below.